The FIGHTER Tee! A St.Jude's Children's Hospital fundraiser


Handmade Boy designed the tee and wrote this pattern and Love Notions drafted the pattern, this pattern although completly for charity is 100% professional and ready to sew! 

100% of the pattern proceeds are Donated to St. Jude's Children's hospital.

The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay. 

This means Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food !  
Of course, as most of you know, I'm Canadian and so no medical bills is a standard thing here and that is one of the many reasons I truly love Canada. Free health care is something I am a huge supporter of and believe strongly in and ESPECIALLY for children. So I want to encourage you all, even if you live somewhere with free health care like I do, to help the families in the USA who have children with cancer. No family should have to worry about bills when their child has cancer!

The pattern costs 5$ and ALL the proceeds go to St. Jude's! You can also make a donation HERE through Kelly's link


Now, let's get into the pattern shall we ?

Basics: The pattern size range is 2-12yrs and is made for knit fabric and a relaxed fit.


This pattern features a colourblocked side strip and sleeves that lines up perfectly! The front of mine is colourblocked only because I used a panel - it is not in the pattern to colourblock the front, though it is a VERY easy thing to do on your own!


The directions are very clear and easy to follow - no guesswork in this colourblocked tee at all!

The fit is relaxed so it is a 100% gender neutral pattern, and my girl of course chose dino fabric (Panels are all that is available in retail) so I can pass this shirt down to either gender after it is outgrown!


She loves this tee sooo much she immedietly planned out for me to make her matching shorts and matching pants ! haha. She also wore it for school the next day and she is my fussy kid who is a bit sensitive to seams and such - so I know this means the shirt is a comfortable wear!


The pattern sewed up easily in an hour -ish. (I sewed BEFORE the kids were just tucked in so I had a few interuptions... but it meant I was able to get pics as soon as I finished sewing!)




 Check out the other stops on tour:
Monday: The Wholesome MamaMy Creative RoomWild & Wanderful



Photobucket

2 comments

Tina Voth said...

Look at you and all your blogging motivation. 😊 This looks fantastic and I love the use of the panel!

Handmade Boy Kelly said...

Love that additional color block on the front!! Thank you for your support!! It means the world to me!

Follow by Email

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin